For: Project Managers, Team Managers and Team members
With: Responsibility for or involvement in managing projects
Duration: Five days
The PRINCE2 Practitioner Course prepares participants for the PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner examinations. Attention will be given to practical participation in a case study encompassing the most essential elements of a PRINCE2 project. Participants will explore the relationship between the Business Case and the project and develop specific PRINCE2 products during the course. The final day of the course will include the Practitioners examination. Some pre-workshop study is expected of the candidates’ prior to attending the course. The course is accredited with AXELOS through PEOPLCERT and based on the 2017 version of the PRINCE2 manual.
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply all facets of the PRINCE2 Principles, Themes, Processes and tailor each to a specific project.
- Set up and manage complex projects
- Identify and control risks throughout the project
- Ensure a focus on quality is maintained throughout the project
- Monitor the objectives of a project and the essential adjustments needed to respond to changes in the environment.
The following subjects will be covered during the course:
- Relationship between the Business Case, programmes and the project.
- PRINCE2 Principles – Continued business justification, Learn from experience, Defined roles and responsibilities, Manage by stages, Manage by exception, Focus on products and Tailor to suit the needs of the project environment
- PRINCE2 processes – Starting Up a Project, Initiating a Project, Directing a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing Stage Boundaries and Closing a Project
- PRINCE2 Themes – Business Case, Organization, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change and Progress
- Examination technique for the exam
Project Management experience and experience working in project teams. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The Foundation exam is taken on day three of the course, and must have been passed if attending the final two days of the course. This is an intensive course and evening work will be required.
The PRINCE2 Foundation examination is a 60 multiple choice question paper to be completed in 1 hour with a pass mark of 55% (33 marks in total). Our pass rate on public courses is 100% and on in-house courses is 99%
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination is a 2.5 hour multiple choice objective test examination consisting of 68questions based on a given scenario. Each question is worth 1marks (68 marks in total) and tests your knowledge in terms of application of the methodology to the scenario and in general. The pass mark for the exam is 55% (38 marks).
Please note that PEOPLECERT require every candidate’s identification to be verified by the examination invigilator. You will be required to produce some photographic identification before being allowed to take the exam.