For: This qualification is designed for all practising and potential project managers who require an in- depth knowledge and understanding of the fundamental principles, tools and techniques for successful project management.
Duration: Five days
The APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) is based on the APMP Body of Knowledge 6th edition – a concise and structured guide to the knowledge required in managing projects. This intensive course provides a comprehensive introduction to project management. Using a blend of knowledge, practical application through case study exercises, discussions and sample examination questions the course will address the tools, techniques and the soft skills required for successfully managing projects. It will prepare delegates for the APMP qualification examination.
The APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) is an internationally recognised qualification awarded by the Association for Project Management, the UK’s leading association for project management professionals. The focus of this intensive course is to provide you with a level of knowledge that will enhance your ability to manage projects and give you a professional qualification that is transferrable across any industry and sector.
- Project management
- Programme management
- Project context
- Project success criteria
- Strategy/project management plan
- Risk management
- Quality management
- Health, safety and environment
- Control Work
- content and scope management
- Time scheduling/phasing
- Resource management
- Budgeting and cost management
- Change control
- Earned value management
- Configuration management
- Business and Commercial
- Business case
- Organisation and governance
- Life cycle design and management
- Post-project evaluation review
- Organisation structure
- Organisation roles
- People and profession
- Conflict management
After attending the course delegates will be able to:
- Define and scope a project and understand the context for projects in the Portfolio, Programme and Project environments.
- Explain the principles of project management
- Describe project management methods.
- Describe project management tools and techniques used to manage the project
- Understand and explain the necessary people skills appropriate for effective project management
- Achieve the required level of knowledge and understanding needed to prepare you for the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) examination
No previous experience of working in projects is necessary. However, pre-read documentation is provided before the course and it is essential that delegates complete all of the recommended self-study prior to attending the event.
The APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) exam is a 3 hour written exam consisting of questions designed to test the delegate’s breadth of knowledge in all the aspects of project management as well as their understanding of project management techniques. Candidates are required to answer 10 essay style questions from a