For: This intensive course is designed for all project personnel including new project managers, project team members and project support staff who require an understanding of the fundamentals of project management. This is also suitable for anyone looking to achieve a nationally recognised, entry – level qualification in project management.
Duration: Two days
APM Project Fundamentals Summary
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) course is based on the APMP Body of Knowledge 6th edition – a concise and structured guide to the knowledge required in managing projects. It provides a solid introduction to the key issues involved in managing projects and explores core project management tools, techniques and terminology. Comprehensive training and examination practice will prepare delegates for a one-hour multiple-choice examination held at the end of the course. Each delegate will receive a copy of the APM Project Fundamentals Qualifictaion (PFQ) comprehensive study guide for use during the course and to keep for future reference.
APM Project Fundamentals (PFQ) Course Overview
- Project Management in Context
- Planning the Strategy
- Quality management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder’ management
- Executing the Strategy
- Scope management
- Change control information
- Management and reporting
- Resource management
- Issues management
- Configuration management
- Project business case
- Organising and Governance
- Project life cycle
- Handover and closeout
- Project reviews
- Organisational roles
- People and the Profession
- Communications in a project
After attending the course delegates will be able to:
- Define and scope a project
- Understand the context of projects in the Portfolio, Programme and Project management environments.
- Explain the principles of project management
- Define and understand project management terminology
- Understand the roles and people skills required to deliver projects effectively
- Describe tools and techniques used for managing projects
- Support and contribute to successful project outcomes
- Achieve the required level of understanding needed to prepare for the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) examination
No previous experience of working in projects is necessary. However, pre-read documentation is provided before the course and it is essential that delegates complete all of the recommended self-study prior to attending the event.
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) examination is a 60 question multiple choice exam to be completed in 1 hour.