AgilePM Practitioner course – duration is 4 days
About the course
This 4-day course AgilePM Practitioner course (Includes the 2 day AgilePM Foundation course), accredited by APMG International, and created in conjunction with the Agile Business Consortium, provides the world’s first independent certification in Agile Project Management.
It provides delegates with an understanding of how the Agile Project Management process can enable planning, management and control of successful and well-controlled Agile projects.
The course is delivered by highly experienced trainers approved by APMG International and is a blended course including practical workshops during classroom training.
The course provides the opportunity to gain certification at Foundation & Practitioner level.
Delegates will be provided with some pre-reading materials prior to the course and a comprehensive delegate pack including the AgilePM Handbook when attending the event.
Some evening study will be required to be undertaken (approx. 1-2 Hours)
The course is aimed at
- Project Managers who are operating in an agile environment running more complex and scalable projects
- Team Managers operating in Agile projects.
- Business Analysts
- Project support staff
- Quality Assurance and Quality control
The course follows the Practitioner level syllabus and delegates will be able to:
- Understand the concepts, benefits and risks of Agile development
- Understand the philosophy, approach and principles of Agile using the DSDM Agile Project Framework
- Understand the DSDM lifecycle and products
- Set up appropriate project teams
- Plan and run a facilitated workshop
- Model and prototype aspects of the solution
- Capture, analyse, prioritise and manage requirements
- Understand timeboxed planning for a project
- Understand the importance of negotiation and collaboration
- Use their skills to set up and manage an Agile project
To give delegates a practical understanding of Agile Project Management based on the internationally recognised framework of DSDM Atern.
This will enhance the delegates ability to;
- manage more effectively in an Agile project environment;
- understand the difference between simple agile approaches undertaken during product development (work package level) and the more complex considerations for greater governance and control (project level)
- The Foundation level examination is a 40 minute, closed book examination of 50 multiple choice questions. The required pass mark is 50% (25/50).
- The Practitioner level examination is a 2.5 hour objective test, open book with AgilePM Handbook only, 4 x 20 mark questions, pass mark required is 50% (40/80).
Watch this short video introduction on AgilePM
Agile Business Consortium:
APMG AgilePM Page:
AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd.
The APMG-International Swirl AgilePM Device is a trade mark of the APM Group Ltd.
© Dynamic Systems Development Method Ltd. All rights reserved.