For: Those that have passed the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam between 3-5 years ago and need to re-register to retain the qualification
With: Responsibility for or involvement in managing projects
Duration: One and a Half days
The PRINCE2 Re-Registration course is designed as a refresher and exam day for PRINCE2 Practitioners who need to re-register 3 to 5 years after passing the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam to continue their qualification for a further 5 years. The course will provide a refresher of PRINCE2 including updates on new elements in PRINCE2 introduced in 2009.
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply all facets of the PRINCE2 Principles,
- Themes, Processes and tailor each to a specific project.
- Set up and manage complex projects
- Identify and control risks throughout the project
- Ensure a focus on quality is maintained throughout the project
- Monitor the objectives of a project and the essential adjustments needed to respond to changes in the environment.
The following subjects will be covered during the course:
- Changes in PRINCE2 from 2005 to 2009
- PRINCE2 Principles – Continued business justification, Learn from experience, Defined roles and responsibilities, Manage by stages, Manage by exception, Focus on products and Tailor to suit the needs of the project environment
- PRINCE2 processes – Starting Up a Project, Initiating a Project, Directing a Project, Controlling a Stage,
- Managing Product Delivery, Managing Stage Boundaries and Closing a Project
- PRINCE2 Themes – Business Case, Organization, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change and Progress
- Examination technique for the exam
The delegate must have previously passed the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam between 3 and 5 years ago. Some experience in the use and application of PRINCE2 is required. If no experience has been obtained in using PRINCE2, we suggest you consider attending the 2 day Practitioner Upgrade course as a more suitable course.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner Re-registration examination comprises a 1-hour examination set at the same standard as the Practitioner examination.
Please note that the APM Group require every candidate’s identification to be verified by the examination invigilator. You will be required to produce some photographic identification before being allowed to take the exam.