For: Project Managers, Team Managers and Team members
With: Responsibility for or involvement in managing projects
Duration: Two days
The PRINCE2 Practitioner Course prepares participants for the PRINCE2 Practitioners examination. Attention will be given to practical participation in a case study encompassing the most essential elements of a PRINCE2 project. Participants will explore the relationship between the Business Case and the project and develop specific PRINCE2 products during the course. The final day of the course will include the Practitioners examination. Some pre-workshop study is expected of the candidates’ prior to attending the course. The course is accredited through The APM Group and based on the 2009 version of the PRINCE2 manual.
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply all facets of the PRINCE2 Principles,
Themes, Processes and tailor each to a specific project.
- Set up and manage complex projects
- Identify and control risks throughout the project
- Ensure a focus on quality is maintained throughout the project
- Monitor the objectives of a project and the essential adjustments
needed to respond to changes in the environment.
The following subjects will be covered during the course:
- Relationship between the Business Case, programmes and the project.
- PRINCE2 Principles – Continued business justification, Learn from experience, Defined roles and responsibilities, Manage by stages, Manage by exception, Focus on products and Tailor to suit the needs of the project environment
- PRINCE2 processes – Starting Up a Project, Initiating a Project, Directing a Project, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing Stage Boundaries and Closing a Project
- PRINCE2 Themes – Business Case, Organization, Quality, Plans, Risk, Change and Progress
- Examination technique for the exam
Project Management experience and experience working in project teams is advised.
A pass at the PRINCE2 Foundation level or current certificates in one of the following:
- PMI Project Management Professional(PMP)
- PMI Certified Associate in Project Management(CAPM)
- IPMA Level A
- IPMA Level B
- IPMA Level C
- IPMA Level D
(Documentary proof will be required)
Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. This is an intensive course and some evening work will be required during the course.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner examination is a 2.5 hour multiple choice objective test examination consisting of eight questions based on a given scenario. Each question is worth 10 marks (80 marks in total) and tests your knowledge in terms of application of the methodology to the scenario and in general. The pass mark for the exam is 55% (44 marks).
Please note that the APM require every candidate’s identification to be verified by the examination invigilator. You may be required to produce some photographic identification before being allowed to take the exam.