For: Project Managers, Team Managers and Team members
With: Responsibility for or involvement in managing projects
Duration: Three days
The PRINCE2 Foundation Course covers the whole of the syllabus of PRINCE2 Foundation Level and prepares participants for the PRINCE2 Foundation examination. The course is accredited through the APM Group and is based on the 2009 version of the PRINCE2 manual
Following the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the Principles, Themes, Processes and tailoring of the PRINCE2 method
- Monitor a project within the boundaries of the Project Plan
- Participate effectively in a project in accordance with the PRINCE2 method
The following subjects will be covered during the course:
- The relationship between a project and its Business Case.
- Detailed explanation of the PRINCE2 Principles, Themes and Processes.
- Roles and associated tasks and responsibilities, within a PRINCE2 project.
- The management of Risks and Issues in a project
- Structure and contents of a product focused project plan.
- The management of a project relative to the project plan.
- Definition, management and acceptance of work packages.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience of working on projects. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course. This is an intensive course and some evening work will be required during the course.
The PRINCE2 Foundation examination is a 75 multiple choice question paper to be completed in one hour with a pass mark of 50%. Our pass rate on public courses is 100% and on in-house courses is 99%.
Please note that the APM Group require every candidate’s identification to be verified by the examination invigilator. You will be required to produce some photographic identification before being allowed to take the exam.